Tuesday, September 28

Sort of an excuse to be lazy...freefalling

Lately I have been getting back into the heart of what grace is-- what living the Christ-life really looks like, and I see myself being unburied. Like that thing that I was missing in my Christ-life was my own self- that is, the person I am in Christ. The past couple of weeks I have really been investigating and seeking God about how he means for me to be living life and the overwhelming truth that i have found is that this new creation thing that you read about in Sunday School is a lot huger and cooler and basically takes up everything everything everything. I just get overwhelmed with the very thought that so many people-- most people I know-- are missing it!

The past few weeks have had the potential to be total stress-outs, which they sort of have been, but it has really taught me to let go of everything. Essentially drop all my responsibility in the arms of my Abba and go frolicking in the fields of Grace. So many times I have had big homework assignments or needing my room cleaned or something that need to be done and I just don't see how i can get through it without falling over in exhaustion nad my Abba, who loves me and provides all things, puts my books away in a neat pile and hides my planner and lets me rest, and then when I have put my priorities first, he provides time and energy to complete the rest.

The other day i forgot to do a small thing that would have made me a little more perfect in the flesh, but forgot to take care of it because I needed to write a note to a campfire friend in need of encouragement, and I remeber my dad saying, "Kids these days just don't know what is really important." But the thing is that I used to feel the same way, but all these "important" things left me empty and wanting.

So many promises have been fulfilled or are in the process of being fulfilled to me this week. Do you ever ask God to teach you something or to make some truth real in your life and forget about it the next day? There are tons and tons of those requests that I suddenly remember making that are being made real today and yesterday-- right in the middle of class or dinner or driving down the street. I see these things I asked God to keep reminding me and teaching me about during the summer continually come up. Its sort of like standing in the middle of a vast lawn on a hot day wondering if you are just going to burn up and all of the sudden the sprinklers come on.

It is so refreshing to me to let go of the law. Its a great assurance to me to know that the person of Christ living in me is never going away. I don't have to clean up my act in a certain way for me to be close to God and the amount of my "christianness" is not defined by how good a job I do at having the right appearance. I don't need to worry about having to cover anything i don't want exposed-- if i just allow the Christ in me to flow out, I am in the right place. Lettting go... its a weird, unearthly thing.

So now, my question is, how do people miss it? I know I did, but I don't think its something widely publicised. Are christians afraid that if we let of the control of our own lives, something bad might come out? How do we skim over this huge stuff and move on to trying to fulfill the law which has been done away with and only has power when we actually do sin? I just don't get it. Does Satan have such a stronghold over our churches that we don't even see it? Or is it because we choose to shut our eyes to everything else, like pain and brokeness, that this just gets clumped in there too?

This is freedom, PEOPLe!! It seems like we read that Christ brings freedom and so we add that to our list of things we need to make sure we have so the world doesn't see us as a fraud. And so we come back to letting go of what we think we should be and being what we are-- Perfect saints in Christ. The righteous shall live by faith...

No comments: