Tuesday, April 12

Beautiful Lord, wonderful Savior, I know for sure,
All of my days are held in your hand,
crafted into your perfect plan.
You gently call me into our presence, guiding me by your Holy Spirit.
Teach me dear Lord,
to live all of my life through your eyes

I'm captured by your holy calling

Set me apart, I know you're drawing
Me to yourself
Lead me Lord, I pray.

Take me,
Mold me,
Use me,
Fill me,
I give my life to the potter's hand.

Call me
Guide me
Lead me
Walk beside me
I give my life to the potter's hand.

-The Potter's Hand, Darlene Zschech

As I sit here, my back is sore from leaning over this computer writing a daunting character analysis of "Hamlet" and I listen to the gentle (actually annoying) rhythm of my graduation announcements being printed on my inkjet and my future seems excitingly close.

As I look back on this past week, I can actually see some of the path behind me. I am seeing the fruit of a journey toward a deeper faith and a deeper understanding of God's incredible love for me. On saturday, it was about 70 degrees and on sunday, church was cancelled becuase we got a bit of a blizzard (gotta love colorado). But i think in a way, God totally sent that snow and didn't put my name on the mass-call list for the church becuase he wanted me to expereince church with the 20 other people who showed up anyway.

I have begun to relearn that God really meant what he said in Jeremiah 29:11 when he said his plans were to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me a hope and a future and its exciting. A lot of times, I have this worry that lingers in the backest parts of my soul- these dark purple clouds that over-shadow the sunlight in my soul. While the 20 of us responded to what Abba was speaking to us in the huge auditormium on Sunday morning, a dear friend of mine simply asked if she could pray with me and somehow she hit every anxiety I was feeling about my future-- money, friends, living, working, school, mentorship- I don't even know everything that she brought before God for me, but it was like my soul was crying "yes! I am scared to death about those things and i don't know how I'm going to make it!" Do you ever have those moments when you can just feel in your depths this "YES!!"?

About a month or so, I asked Abba to transform my mind from this life of needing to get ahead somehow, this need for namesake and acknowledgement of being something in the world. For me to be happy about going to CSU, I had to come to this point where I know the things God has for me are not going to fit into the worl'ds mold of success and perfection, but that his plans are bigger than my understanding and perception of that is good in life. Its amazing how when a person is quiet and still and open to being the person God created them to be, he speaks quiet truth into our hearts until it is embedded in our beings.

So here i am, placing my life in the potter's hand and I am so excited to see where he takes me. I may only be moving my life 45 minutes away and I may be living in the engineering dorm, but I know for sure, all of my days are held in his hand, crafted into his perfect plan. abba, I trust you your calling and I trust your guidance and leading. The most encouraging part of this whole process is that you wil be walking beside me. I give my life to your hand. Thank you for your amazing blessings in my life. How deeply I Love you. And my soul cries "YES!!!"

No comments: