Saturday, May 23

Sometimes things don't go the way you think they are going to.

Hi friends.. It's been a while. My last on-campus semester has officially come to a close, i've had the party, walked across the stage, and now for a few months I continue to wonder just how hard student teaching is going to be. But I've made it. This far, anyway. I'm in the process of selling painting, which is big deal for me, but this last week of school-free living has got me really creatively motivated and I am hoping to put a lot more of my work out there in the near future. It is strange to see myself as an artist who actually is making art and (at least working on) doing something with it.

It has been a really great semester. I realize I've written very little here, for which I feel a bit guilty, but life seems to be taking me in directions less tied to this little webspace into more three-demensional arenas. And I've also been much to tired and busy to write.

I've been wanting to do some reflecting here though, as this seems to be the thing I do here. As I look back on the last five months or so, I can't help but find myself filled with awe at the faithfulness of the father. I started out the semester with the simple goal of getting through it and somehow Abba didn't seem to think it fit to allow me such a shallow and disconnected existence. And so he had mercy on me. I found his face in the eyes of many supportive instructors and in some great experiences. I see an image of myself much grown into myself, an artist developed in her work and a teacher ready to face whatever comes next. Some of you might recall a number of thoughts revolving around the desire to teach more than paint and the end of the semester has brought with it a dueling desire between the two. I want to do both for 100% of my time and self and energy.

And so-- this brings me to this day. Saturday, May 23. yesterday, I recieved a phone call informing me that the full-time job I was intending to rely upon this summer is no longer available to me. My plans have changed. My prediction of the future seems to have met a foggy spot. And so, I see a cloudy abyss of questions about rent on where I am now as well as the prospect of coming up with a pricy deposit for a place in boulder in the fall. how it will all work out, I do not know. And yet, somehow, I feel peace about it today.. I am ready in anticipation to see what the father, who is good, has in mind for me. I am open and waiting to hear his voice and follow his call.

No comments: