Friday, May 14

What is to be done with this heavy heart
More full of questions to the answers
than answers to the questions
Imagine rain clouds
socks full of water
hanging there
heavy heavy heavy

Oh, to be full of the weight of life
To be fierce with reality,
As I've heard it said.
I do not quite know what this means
but today I don't feel fierce
I just feel reality
in all of its cloudy weight
Gray and strange

My arms are out front
I am wading through
Searching for the forest
Among the trees

I am looking for the grip
That will allow me to let go
The words to name
The hurt
the confusion
I am looking for the phrase
to fit all of the questions
that only resound
tones of hurt
and uncertainty
C D E

What
what
what

how
how
how

why
why
why

How did we get here
When did I walk through this door
How could I have known
Why did I choose
How will I find the road
beneath my feet
again

Today the clouds hang
heavy and full
I wonder when
They will drop
How will they gush?
I wait
wait
wait

wait for the release
wait for the day when
the thirsty ground is quenched
Will the crops yet grow?
Or will this famine hang with us
forever
forever
forever.

There is the branch
Hanging
bent under the weight
Leaves unaware
at peace
glad just to be together

I want to be that leaf
simply waiting
for the gentle pour of rain
drop after gentle drop
My branch is bent
But my leaf finds
companionship enough.

No comments: