Saturday, March 4

Home

I am feeling a little exposed tonight. A bit regretful. A bit shakey and afraid. I am finding that this time of life easily lends itself to uncertainty. That nothing quite feels like home anymore. Like there is some sort of permanence that is just missing.. And so I'm missing it tonight. I'm afraid I've made a choice that has caused me to miss out on something. Miss out on something I feel I was very much a part of in the past and now do not know where to belong in it. Something that I have just moved a little too far away from. And so I just feel a little like I am bearing open wounds. Red. Raw. Open wounds I know not quite how to heal.. I just know how to hold them back just enough to not feel all of the pain. Only a little pain. The real pain and frustration and lostness masked over with sheer masking tape of some sort. I can see the raw red pain but dare not delve deep to feel it...

Tonight I feel like something in me is healing. Like something is turning around, off of a road of pain and bitterness and confusion and onto a road of more clarity and truth. I see my view of the church changing, blossoming, flowering out of the pain from the past. I find myself being more trusting, less of a skeptic. Less afraid. Less held back. More willing. More needing. More loving. Maybe I am finding in my hand the gift of a more supple heart. Maybe....

No comments: