Sunday, October 3

"Christianity is about water... Most of what we do in worldly life is geared toward our staying dry, looking good, not going under. But in Baptism, in lakes and rain and tanks and fonts, you agree to do something that's a little sloppy because at the same time it's also holy and deserved. It's about surrender, giving in to all those thing we can't control: it's a willingness to let go of balance and decorum and get drenched." -- Ann Lamott

ONE SIMPLE (or not-so-simple) THING: Entering the deep & beautiful mystery of God's purposes, His RE-CREATION in my heart, the transformation into the likeness of his Son, means a total surrender of every stubborn attempt to have a handle on things.

All I can truly do is this: let go of my illusions of control and contribution and in humility let the Father drench me in his powerful goodness and unfathomable mercy and grace

It is a matter of becoming open to the thought that I AM NOT MY OWN:: I hold no claim to myself and I am simply lucky enough to get to witness the Image of God displayed in my body as he slowly by surely washes off the mess that conceals it.

Quite simple indeed, no?

No comments: