This has been a crazy week-- so crazy that I have lost myself and let God run the cruise control. Its great, totally freeing.
One thing I have really learned is the power of prayer, the potency of its poison if you will; however, my learning about prayer hasn't come from my own, but the power of prayers from others for me. Do you ever have those days when you just know someone must be praying for you? Its like a huge gust of wind at your back; a refreshing drink of cool water out of nowhere.
As a senior in High School, it needent be explained my need for prayer- its a commonly known fact that I'm liable to drown at any moment if I take my eyes off the one who keeps me afloat. Only a few short weeks ago I had no idea where to turn, what choices to make in the short time I had to make them, and how to figure out the rest of my life. But so many things have just come upon me- fallen in my lap. I have a pretty clear picture of what I need to take care of, where to turn, and a probable picture of my future. Inner-conflicts have dissolved, hope keeps shining through on what used to be my darkest fears.
I wish I could put into words what it is like to know you are being prayed for; unfortunately, it is something that can only be experienced. A couple weeks ago, I asked my mentor to pray for my friendships; I needed prayer for companionship, people my age to support me, to know I was loved and to be able to love people. The past few weeks have been incredible. I have enjoyed the deepest friendships and have experienced serious healing in my relationships. People that used to darken my thoughts and bind me up in frustration are cool breezes, breaths of fresh air in my life. I'm learning to love and be loved.
Prayer. I want to say its "cool," but i don't want to cheapen it. Prayer is... life changing. Transformational. Encouraging. At times its life-saving, disaster-stopping. Other times its that deep breath that reminds me that my worth is based on the fact that my very person is rooted in God's love; it keeps me from suffocating and drowning.
Last night at youth group, my youth pastor talked about prayer, likening it to a love letter. What a beautiful picture. And sometimes it is a love letter directed at both God and others. Or maybe its sharing your deepest love, God, Abba, Daddy with those who need it most. Sitting in prayer. Silently sitting at the feet of the Good Teacher. Listening for those things I do not know and cannot find out. Pouring out my heart. How can communication with the Almighty God, the Creator of the Universe, the very one who formed the deepest part of my soul be anything less than life-changing, transformational and encouraging?
Abba-- lately i've been having a hard time finding that place of solitude, really sitting down and meeting with you, hanging out with you. I miss it. I miss talking to you.. really talking, pouring everything out upon you feet. slow down my crazy life and take me to a place of solitude with you. Take me out to the middle of the lake. Make my prayers to be breaths of fresh air- life-chaning, transformational, encouragng breaths of fresh air to others. Use my prayers in the lives of others. Break down those walls in my life that keep me from really coming to you from my heart. Abba, thank you for the beautiful thing you have created called prayer. Its way better than the invention of the telephone.
Thursday, November 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment