Wednesday, October 5

"A wise son heads his father's instruction...
"He who guards his lips guards his life.
But he who speaks rashly will come to ruin...
"The sluggard craves and gets nothing.
But the desires of the diligen are fully satisfied...
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick
But a longing fulfilled is a tree of life...
"Good understanding wins favor
But the way of the unfaithul is hard...
"A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul
But fools detest turning from evil..."

"Souls who folow thier heart thrive"

"He who walks with the wise grows wise...
"An appettitefor good things brings much satisfaction,
But the belly of the wicked will always want more..."
Selections from Proverbs 13


Last night I went to try out a small group with some people from Timberline Oldtown. I'm not sure exactly what I am going to do with it, but i don't really think this is where God is leading me, which might be okay. Its strange how so many things really are so good, but all of them can't be for me. The group is going through Hebrews, and last night we went through chapter 4, which interestingly i had been looking through just on sunday, as it speaks about somehow entering into God's rest. As we disected the peice, Tim, the leader, sort of summed it all up in this statement:

Faith means trusting God enough to enter into his rest.

Think about that for a minute. So often we are caught up in the thought that our life is about
doing the right thing, getting things done, but doesn't it take so much more faith just to do nothing. To honestly trust that we have nothing to do with our security to the point of being able to simply rest? It seems to often, the thing that God wants to drill into our heads and pound into the beat of our hearts is the fact that our power is found in rest and our livelihood simply in love. What a foreign concept to our busy, self-driven lives. To have so much faith as to understand that not only is there anything we can do to be right with God, the very place in which we find this harmony is in doing nothing at all.

So, as Tim was speaking and guiding us, he asked this question:

What does it mean for me personally to enter God's rest today?

The immediate thing I thought of at this point is this search I am on, even this seemingly run from commitment for fear of making the wrong choice. It is as if GOd were saing, trust in the palce where I seem to be laying it all out for you. Trust me enough to allow you to let go of all of these things you are choosing between and honstly follow where you know I am leading you. There are all these places that just so totally resonate with where my heart is at, but the age group isn't quite right, its too hard for me to get there, small things that seem to just shoot the wind out of God's leading.

I really enjoyed the small group last night. It was exactly what I needed, exactly the type of thing I am seeking after, but it is almost though that it seemed that God was confirming, "this is
not the place where I want you." Why? I feel like he has said that to me before and I have wanted to say no, I want to argue. But its like he's asking me to trust him, asking me to rest in the fact that he is capable of teaching me whatever he wants, no matter where it is and no matter if i don't hink that it is the right place for me... how am i to know?

Abba God, I really emjoyed the group last night. I felt like it just hit me where my heart is, and yet you seem to still be leading on otherwise? is this really true? Am I allowed to think that maybe this is the right place? what is holding me, where is the catch? Please show me and give me peace in the meantime. Help me to let go of everything and just choose from the clean slate of your quite voice.


No comments: