Sunday, September 10

knee-deep




I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about my life and church and where I have been and where I am heading and I like where I am a lot. I feel a bit like I am in transit, but its sort of a smoothe transit. A smooth coffee sort of shift from onen peice of my life to another. I am feeling at peace about the seasons in my life that are changing and I get this deep sense that this is the sort of life that Jesus was calling us to-- a life of following, no matter where the leading is. Today I feel like my eyes are on something bigger, something deeper, something way more important than my next test or the next four years of my life. I have no idea where this road is leading or where it may end, but for once in my life, I'm okay with that. I think I am tasting the corner of this klondike iceberg in which I am suddenly okay with not seeking after a point, an ending of the road, a destination, but I am just looking forward to the journey. I am beginning to drink deep what eternity means and it feels so good. Maybe I'll read this tomorrow and think about how chessy it is, but I don't think so. Everyday, I am learning to trudge a bit deeper-- I feel knee-thick in wonder of what is ahead and I like it. I just have this sense after so many years of longing for it, that there is something more to earning the A, being the teacher's pet, having completed something for the resume. I am finding the fire in my guts to begin jumpoing in unbelievable ways and I just am only beginning to imagine what Abba might do with that.... what indeed.

No comments: