"If we are going to keep on growing, we must keep on risking failure throughout our lives."
-B. Manning
Friday, February 9
why is it that the more work we have to do, the more we tend to procrastinate?... I'm dying to post something real, but don't have time yet... four chapters... seriously? thumbs down.
"Christianity is about water... Most of what we do in worldly life is geared toward our staying dry, looking good, not going under. But in Baptism, in lakes and rain and tanks and fonts, you agree to do something that's a little sloppy because at the same time it's also holy and deserved. It's about surrender, giving in to all those thing we can't control: it's a willingness to let go of balance and decorum and get drenched." -- Ann Lamott
Followers
"If I ever feel I am getting to the point where I'm playing it safe, I'll stop. That's all I can tell you about how I plan for the future."
--Miles Davis
"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves... Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually , without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer."
- Rainer Maria Rilke
No comments:
Post a Comment